Incident-To: Questions and Answers
In-Depth Understanding Of Incident-To With Dr. Duane C. Abbey
Feeling lost because of lack of knowledge regarding one of the most important aspects of healthcare industry – Incident-to? There is no reason to fret anymore as our expert speaker Duane C. Abbey, CFP, Ph.D, will help you understand the nuances of incident-to, why does CMS frequently refers to incident-to services, and how does incident-to relate to hospitals and physicians, in this 90-minute session.
Duane will also shed light on the topics related to incident-to compliance issue, the rules and regulations surrounding incident-to services, its relation with 3-Day Payment Window, physician supervision requirements, provider-based rule and the application of incident-to by the physicians in the process for billing.
Objective of the session:
- Review and discuss the two different uses of the phrase, incident-to, as provided in the Social Security Act (SSA)
- Discuss the incident-to billing for physicians
- Appreciate hospital payment relative to incident-to physician services
- Understand how incident-to is a compliance issue in multiple situations
- Show how the incident-to concept applies to recently changed physician supervision requirements
- Discuss incident-to physician services in the provider-based clinic setting
- Review how incident-to is involved in the 3-Day Payment Window
- Work through several case studies to illustrate the intricacies surrounding the incident-to concept
Outline of the session:
- Overview of the incident-To concept
- Areas of applicability of incident-to services
- Compliance concerns surrounding the incident-to concept
- Incident-to and The Social Security Act
- Physician payment through incident-to services
- Hospital payment through incident-to services
- Self-administrable drugs
- Understanding the two different uses of the phrase incident-to
- Incident-to billing for physicians
- Physician billing for subordinate staff services
- Presumptive freestanding clinic
- Specific requirements for physicians
- Physician supervision requirements
- Incident-to services for hospitals
- Hospital payment for all services incident-to physicians
- Presumptive provider-based setting
- Physician supervision rules
- Specific impacts for hospitals
- Associated impacts of the incident-to concept
- Provider-based rule
- 3-Day payment window
- Case studies
Who should attend? All personnel involved with compliance, coding, billing and reimbursement, financial analysts, health information management personnel, financial personnel, patient financial services personnel, chargemaster coordinators, provider-based clinic and/or clinical operations personnel, physicians and practitioners, and other interested personnel.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Marsha S. Diamond, CPC, CPC-H, CCS
- Michael A. Ferragamo, Jr., MD, FACS
- Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Jim Sheldon-Dean,
- Susie T. Harris, PhD , MBA , RHIA , CCS, AHIMA/ICD-10 PCS
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D. is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.