Incident-To: Questions and Answers
Spotlight on “Incident-To” Services: Can You Withstand Scrutiny?
Coding incorrectly for non physician practitioner services will cost your practice money - and maybe even attract federal fraud fighters - so your only chance to earn your fair share of reimbursement and to stay out of trouble is to know the "incident-to" rules backwards and forwards.
Watch out: The HHS Office of Inspector General continues to keep non physician practitioner services at the top of its watch list. So if you’re billing incident-to services, find out if you can withstand scrutiny with this expert presentation from Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., CFP.
Register now! The session will help you:
- Determine what “incident-to” really means and how it relates to both hospitals and physicians.
- Understand the two different uses of the phrase, incident-to, as provided in the Social Security Act (SSA)
- Uncover why incident-to is such a compliance issue.
- Relate these services to physician supervision requirements, the provider-based rule, and the 3-Day Payment Window.
- Learn how physicians use the incident-to process for billing.
- Avoid the incident-to mistakes by examining several case studies.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? All personnel involved with compliance, coding, billing and reimbursement, financial analysts, health information management personnel, financial personnel, patient financial services personnel, chargemaster coordinators, provider-based clinic and/or clinical operations personnel, physicians and practitioners, and other interested personnel.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.