DRG Update for 2012
Know what is deleted, modified, and added in DRG for the year 2012, and compliance-related coding, billing and chargemaster including RACs.
Join Dr. Duanne Abbey:
- To briefly review DRGs in general.
- To review MS-DRG changes.
- To discuss ICD-9 changes in conjunction with MS-DRGs.
- To delineate coding and documentation issues including the offsets.
- To review financial changes with MS-DRGs.
- To discuss issues such as readmission reduction.
- To explain the ongoing issue of the 3-Day Payment window and hospital acquired conditions.
- Brief Review of DRGs and MS-DRGs
- CCs and MCCs
- DRG Categories
- DRG Grouping and ICD-9 Coding
- Calculation of MS-DRG Weights
- Compliance Issues and Reports
- Payment Updates
- Standardized Amounts
- New Technology
- Changes In MS-DRG Weights
- Hospital Acquired Conditions
- Wage Index Calculations
- Outlier Payments
- Post-Acute Care Transfers
- MS-DRG Changes
- New MS-DRGs
- Coding Issues
- Documentation and Coding Adjustments
- CC and MCC Lists
- Review of New ICD-9-CM Procedure Codes
- MS-DRG Weight Changes
- Quality of Care
- Readmission Reductions
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing
- Inpatient Quality Reporting
- Hospital Acquired Conditions
- Policy Issues
- 3-Day Payment Window
- Hospice Discharges
- Under Arrangements
- GME Cap
- Sources for Further Information
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Inpatient Coding Personnel, Coding, Billing and Claims Transaction Personnel, Internal Auditing Personnel, Financial and Compliance Personnel, Physicians and Other Interested Personnel.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.