Critical Care For Medical Specialists, Including Hospitalists, Intensivists
Stop Leaving Money On The Table In Your Critical Care Facility. Get All the Moneymaking Strategies Here !
Each medicine specialty has its own nuances but Critical Care is a code that can be used by all specialists: hospitalist; pulmonologist; internist; cardiologist, etc. This is “the direct delivery by a physician of medical care for a critically ill or critically injured patient.” Although Critical Care can be performed at various locations (ICU, regular floor or even office), but the documentation requirements don’t change.
True, documentation is the key to capturing all procedures not bundled; and avoiding problems when 2 physicians bill for Critical Care on the same patient on the same day; proving medical necessity; showing when a family meeting meets the critical care requirements. How to document critical care efficiently and effectively is an issue that you can handle efficiently now.
Similarly, learning what is included in the Critical Care code is important but knowing what is NOT included can equate to lost revenue if not identified and billed.
Join our coding expert Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC as she clears up critical care coding and documentation confusions so you can reap the payments you deserve.
- How to develop your own template for critical care to capture everything you need to effectively bill for the care
- Tips for diagnosis documentation to help prove medical necessity
- What is included in critical care time (i.e., procedures, documentation, conversations) and how to bill for what is not
- What role do residents & fellows and nurse practitioners and physician assistants have in providing and billing for critical care
- What do Category III codes have to do with Critical Care
1 AHIMA CEU Approved with this conference
Note: This audio conference will not discuss Critical Care provided post-operatively by surgeons.
Who should attend? Physicians, non-physician practitioners (NP’s & PA’s), office managers, coders and billers.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Linda Smith, CPC-I, CMBS, PCS, CPC, CEMC
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
About Our Speaker
Jill Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC, is the Principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. A company founded 11 years ago to meet the education and compliance needs of physicians and their staff.
Jill has over 30 years of medical experience working in all areas of the medical practice including clinical, billing and rounding with physicians.Her comments and opinions can be seen in several publications and also heard on a variety... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.