Critical Care For Medical Specialists, Including Hospitalists, Intensivists
Stop Leaving Money On The Table In Your Critical Care Facility. Get All the Moneymaking Strategies Here !
Each medicine specialty has its own nuances but Critical Care is a code that can be used by all specialists: hospitalist; pulmonologist; internist; cardiologist, etc. This is “the direct delivery by a physician of medical care for a critically ill or critically injured patient.” Although Critical Care can be performed at various locations (ICU, regular floor or even office), but the documentation requirements don’t change.
True, documentation is the key to capturing all procedures not bundled; and avoiding problems when 2 physicians bill for Critical Care on the same patient on the same day; proving medical necessity; showing when a family meeting meets the critical care requirements. How to document critical care efficiently and effectively is an issue that you can handle efficiently now.
Similarly, learning what is included in the Critical Care code is important but knowing what is NOT included can equate to lost revenue if not identified and billed.
Join our coding expert Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC as she clears up critical care coding and documentation confusions so you can reap the payments you deserve.
- How to develop your own template for critical care to capture everything you need to effectively bill for the care
- Tips for diagnosis documentation to help prove medical necessity
- What is included in critical care time (i.e., procedures, documentation, conversations) and how to bill for what is not
- What role do residents & fellows and nurse practitioners and physician assistants have in providing and billing for critical care
- What do Category III codes have to do with Critical Care
5 AHIMA CEUs Approved with this conference
Note: This audio conference will not discuss Critical Care provided post-operatively by surgeons.
Who should attend? Physicians, non-physician practitioners (NP’s & PA’s), office managers, coders and billers.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC is the principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. She brings with over 30 years of medical experience. This includes a diverse background in all areas of medicine from clinical to billing and she has worked with many physician specialties.
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.