Cost and Benefits of RAC Appeals in the Hospital Setting
You don't want to accept RAC denials at face value -- but you don't want to run your coffers dry appealing them either.
The RAC auditing process can be overwhelming enough, but how do you know when it’s worth the time and expense to appeal your audit? Let expert Duane Abbey, PhD, CFP, be your guide in this 90-minute audioconference as he outlines the various stages of the RAC appeals process and helps you weigh the costs and benefits—or risks—in the process.
- A brief review of the CMS RAC audit program. What you don't know can hurt you.
- A step-by-step guide to the RAC appeals process.
- How to employ an effective tracking system with your appeals.
- Are your organizational resources up to par to handle an audit?
- Do you need an attorney or outside consultant? Use Duane’s guide to decide.
- A cost-benefit analysis of pursing a RAC appeal – know when the process can do more harm than good to your bottom line.
- Crucial skills your organization needs to successfully pursue the appeals process – and how to get them.
Have additional questions? You have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A.
Who should attend? All coding, billing and reimbursement staff, including compliance personnel associated with the Medicare program and various Medicare payment systems, all staff members devoted to RAC activities, and financial analysts or other interested hospital and clinic personnel.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- David Glaser,
- Jacqueline Nash Bloink, MBA, CHC, CPC-I, CPC, CMRS
- Debra Phairas, MBA
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D. is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.