Coding and Billing for Injections & Infusions: 2012
You Can’t Afford To Miss Out On This Information Packed Session, If:
If you are a nursing staff, clinical staff, coding, billing, and reimbursement personnel, and are involved with injections, infusions and chemotherapy services, let’s walk you through clinical documentation and the associated charge capture along with possible coding through charge capture.
Duane will also discuss compliance issues relative to charging and billing including the ED and observation services.
It is a jam packed session where you learn:
- To review the CPT coding logic for injections, infusion therapy and chemotherapy and changes made for CY2007-CY2012.
- To discuss the documentation that is need to justify drug reporting and the administration of drugs, both clinically and for proper reimbursement.
- To identify key policy and procedure elements in the use of the injection and infusion CPT codes.
- To appreciate different approaches for charge capture and associated coding and billing through charge capture.
- To understand the potential reimbursement for injections and infusion therapy under APCs.
- To appreciate the operational difficulties for hospitals to capture charges for injections and infusion therapy.
- To delineate the policy and procedure decisions that must be made relative to injections, infusion therapy and chemotherapy.
- To explore related issues such as ‘integral-part’ and ‘not to be reported separately’ compliance guidance from CPT and CMS.
- To address injection and infusion coding guidance as found in the NCCI coding policies.
- To appreciate coding injections and infusions in observation
c. Infusion Therapy
e. Changes for CY2007-CY2012
- Documentation of Drug Administration
a. What Must Be Reported
b. Drug Administration Documentation
c. Drug Wastage and Disposal
d. Special Requirements for Observation
- Charging/Coding/Billing Issues
a. Capturing Charges
b. Coding Through Charge Capture and the Chargemaster
c. Alternative Approach for Charge Capture and Coding
d. Reimbursement Potential
- Review of CPT Coding Logic
a. CPT Coding Structure
b. Logic Embedded in CPT Codes
c. CPT Coding Guidance
i. Hospital Coding - Hierarchy
ii. Physician Coding – Initial, Subsequent, Sequential
- Compliance Issues
a. Start and Stop Time Reporting for Infusions
b. Charging versus Reporting versus Bundling
c. NCCI Edit Coding Guidelines
d. Injections and Infusions in the ED
e. Injections and Infusions In Observation
- Case Studies and Exercises
- Developing Special Training for Service Area Personnel
- Sources for Further Information
Who should attend? Nursing Staff, Clinical Service Area Staff, Coding Personnel, Billing and Claims Transaction Personnel, Chargemaster Coordinators, Financial Analysts, Compliance Personnel, Case Managers, Physicians and Other Interested Personnel.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.