Establishing the Chargemaster for Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology
Do you know how APCs are being changed in the cardiovascular interventional radiology areas? If not, join us!
Join healthcare consultant and veteran speaker on hospital coding & billing, Duane Abbey:
- To review coding, billing and reimbursement for cardiovascular interventional radiology services in general.
- To review chargemaster techniques and associated coding and billing flow.
- To appreciate the extreme complexity of coding, billing and reimbursement in the cardiovascular interventional radiology area.
- To discuss alternate charge capture and coding flows for CVIR services.
- To discuss alternative ways to establish the chargemaster.
- To review several case studies to illustrate the complexities of coding and billing and the need to carefully design the charge capture interface to the chargemaster.
- To discuss pricing strategies for expensive catheters and stents used for Interventional radiology services for both inpatient and outpatient services.
- To examine how APCs are being changed in the cardiovascular interventional radiology areas.
Also, Look into,
l. Interventional Radiology Overview
A. Component Coding
B. Diagnostic versus Therapeutic Services
C. Stents and Stent Placement
D. APC and DRG Payment Processes
I. Chargemaster Overview
a. Basic Design Process for IR and CVIR
b. Professional versus Technical Component Coding/Billing
II. Interventional Radiology Challenges
a. Component Coding
b. Increased Bundling Under APCs
III. CVIR Challenges
a. Charge Capture Challenges
b. Coding Challenges
c. Modifier Utilization
d. Pricing and Charge Development Challenges
e. Development of Policies and Procedures
IV. Alternative Coding/Billing Flows
a. Static Coding in the Chargemaster
b. Dynamic coding Outside the Chargemaster
c. Hybrid Methodologies
d. Assessing Claim Accuracy
V. Sources for Further Information
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Coding Personnel, Billing and Claims Transaction Personnel, CVIR Personnel, Chargemaster Coordinators, Financial Analysts, Compliance Personnel, Physicians and Other Interested Personnel
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Debra Phairas, MBA
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Debra Phairas and Gary Ware,
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D. is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.