Be Clean, Save More: Reduce, Reuse, or Recycle Lab Waste
Pollution Prevention Opportunities in the Lab
New EPA enforcement initiatives can result in multi-thousand dollar fines.
Know how to properly identify Hazardous waste and recognize opportunities to create a more sustainable hospital. In this 1 hour session with specialist Pier George-Zanoni you'll learn ways to use safer more environmentally friendly chemicals as well as ways to reduce your waste volume, which is vital in determining your facility's hazardous waste generator status.
You'll also learn house-keeping tips that eliminate clutter and old chemicals and ensure safety.
Here's what you will learn:
- Greening your tissue processors with xylene substitutes without compromising quality
- See fast payback with these benchtop distilling models for xylene and formaldehyde.
- Want to eliminate those costly OSHA chemical monitoring costs? Try these less hazardous chemical substitutes.
- And you thought your lab was mercury-free… Discover commonly missed opportunities that can cost your lab in this realm.
- Have trouble convincing your team to make the right changes? Try these transitional tips.
Who should attend? Histology Techs, Lab Managers, Facility Managers, Pathology and Cytology Lab Staff, Safety Officers, Chemical Safety Officers, Hazardous Materials/Waste Coordinators
Why use AudioEducator?
- Skip the costly travel arrangements and wasted time. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Multiple formats to fit your training needs. All of our conferences are available on CD or PDF transcript so you can train your staff around your schedule.
- Every conference includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Gather around a speaker phone or computer and train your team for one low price.
- Multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Pier-George Zanoni, PE, CSP, CIH, is a professional engineer in the State of Michigan. He is also a Certified Safety Professional and Certified Industrial Hygienist. Pier-George received his Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree from Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI in June 1978.
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.