Hospice Care in the Nursing Home - Understanding the Importance of the MDS 3.0
Nursing Facility MDS 3.0: What Hospices Need to Know?
At the core of strong working relationships between hospices and nursing facilities is the need for each partner to understand the other’s realities. The changes to MDS 3.0 are sweeping and it is important that hospices understand the impact to their facility partners.
Join for this 60-minutes information rich audio conference where industry expert Susan Balfour, BA, RN, will help understand key area for every nursing facility that professionals working in Hospices must know – the MDS 3.0. The Minimum Data Set 3.0 is a nursing facility’s comprehensive assessment. This session will explore multiple functions of MDS 3.0 and explore areas in which hospices may be able to provide helpful information.
Here's a glimpse of what Susan will cover:
- How well do you understand your nursing facility partners’ reality?
- The MDS serves many functions – do you know what they are?
- Hospices can provide helpful information to the facility staff – do you know what it is?
- Discover how the MDS can provide help for hospice care planning
- What is the role of the MDS nurse?
Who should attend? Front line staff working in nursing home, administrators, nursing facility liaisons
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Susan Balfour, BA, RN has a hospice career spanning 25 years that includes tenure as an executive director of a community-based hospice agency and Director of Regulatory and Clinical Affairs with the Carolinas Center for Hospice and End of Life Care. Susan, former chair of the Palmetto GBA Hospice Coalition and a long time NHPCO regulatory committee member, is a regular presenter on a variety of educational topics and is...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.