Coding of Hospice Cases
Non-Compliance And Sloppiness In Hospice Coding Can Hurt Your Payment!
The Hospice Conditions of Participation require that the terminal illness and the co-morbidities impacting care must be coded. CMS recently commented that they intend to develop a case mix system for hospice much like the Prospective Payment System developed for home health. To get accurate information for the development of the case mix scoring system, CMS needs hospices to code co-morbidities. Never before has it been more important to get the diagnosis coding correct in the hospice industry. Non-compliance and sloppiness will hurt your payment.
Join Lisa Selman-Holman, JD, BSN, RN, HCS-D, COS-C, for this Jam packed session where she'll present:
- Comparison of the requirements in the CoPs with the Medicare hospice medical policies and claims processing requirements
- The coding guidelines for coding neoplasm (they do differ from how we consider cancers as a clinician!)
- The coding guidelines for coding non-cancer diagnoses and how they differ from the medical policies.
- The impact of coding incorrectly on the development of the home health case mix scoring, and comparison.
- The steps needed to be taken to improve documentation of the patients’ terminal illnesses and those other conditions that are impacting the care.
Who should attend? Hospice Executive Directors, Nursing Directors, Hospice Medical Directors, coders, quality personnel, hospice start-ups
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Charlene Ross, MSN, MBA, RN
- Keri Hart, MS, CCC-SLP, CHHRP-QT, RAC-CT, VP
- Andrew B. Wachler,
- Toni G. Cesta, Ph.D., RN, FAAN
- Sharon Litwin, RN, BS, MHA
About Our Speaker
Lisa Selman Holman, JD, BSN, RN, HCS-D, COS-C, is a registered nurse, attorney, and founder of Selman-Holman & Associates, LLC, a home care management and consulting company. A 20-year veteran in home care, Lisa is certified as a Homecare Coding Specialist-Diagnosis and holds the certificate for OASIS competency issued by the OASIS Certificate and Competency Board. She is on the Exam Review Task Force for the OASIS Certificate and Competency Board.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.