Watch Out for Fraud and Abuse between Home Health and Long-Term Care
Identify - and fix - the most common problem areas in home health and nursing home relationships before they get you into hot water.
From marketing tactics to patient referrals, home health agencies and long-term care facilities must work together to run their businesses with the utmost integrity. But even then, HHAs and LTC facilities can slip into fraud and abuse situations unintentionally.
With the renewed focus on fraud and abuse at the state and federal levels, providers must be aware of the risk areas, the potential pitfalls and learn how to fix identified problems.
To keep your nursing facility or home health agency in the clear, join healthcare attorney, Robert W. Markette, Jr., for this 1-hour session. He’ll walk you through major federal laws that govern HHA and LTC relationships and help you apply them to everyday situations in your organization.
Remember: Knowing all the latest rules to play by is your ticket to a compliant - and profitable - business.
Don't Miss these Crucial Highlights:
- Start off on the right foot: A review of the federal laws ... and what they mean for you.
- 5 Most common problem areas in home health and nursing relationships.
- Identify do's and don’ts in marketing relationships between HHAs and LTC facilities.
- See what the OIG says about providing materials and services to a referral source.
- Stay out of the joint venture red zone: What to do when providers can make or influence referrals to each other.
- Find out when you can provide staffing to a LTC facility - and when you can use facility staff to provide services.
- Got a referral source that wants a favor? Here’s what to do.
Who should attend? Home health agencies, long-term care facilities
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
- Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS
- Caroline Mullin, MS, OTR/L
- Elisa Bovee, MS, OTR/L
- Arlene Maxim, RN
- Robert W. Markette, Jr., CHC
- Elisa Bovee, MS, OTR/L
About Our Speaker
Robert W. Markette, Jr. CHC is an attorney in the law firm Hall Render and practices health law and litigation.
Markette has delivered programs on health care regulatory compliance, HIPAA and HIPAA compliance, and he is a well-known speaker throughout the United States.
Markette assists clients ranging from home health agencies to county health departments with Medicare certification, licensure matters, HIPAA privacy and security compliance, and recoupment... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.