V and E Codes - Steer Clear of These Common Mistakes & Misunderstandings
Use V and E codes correctly in your ICD-9 coding, or face big issues with reimbursement, risk adjustment, health records and more.
No matter how many experienced coders you have on staff, External Cause of Injury (E) codes and Factors Influencing Health Status (V) codes may be misunderstood and assigned incorrectly. Not only does inaccurate coding affect reimbursement, compliance and record statistics, but it also dramatically affects patient records. After all, billing codes communicate health status, circumstances, treatment and more.
Join coder education specialist Douglas B. Palmer, CCS-P, for this 60 minute session designed to help you become V and E coding guru. This event will explore the common errors, present authoritative clarification from governing bodies, and be a valuable resource to correct coding and claims adjudication and health record documentation.
Session Benefits Include:
- What are you missing? Overview of the relevant sections of ICD-9, including focus on often overlooked or misunderstood instructional notes.
- As a coder - you're vital to ensuring proper payment! Here's why…
- How E and V codes impact reimbursement, risk adjustment, health records, and other relevant factors.
- Get the details about AHA Coding Clinic references that affect E and V code assignments.
- PLUS: Practical scenarios and examples of documentation that can lead to inaccurate coding, and how to navigate the process accurately and successfully. Tools provided!
Who should attend? The information presented in this event is valuable to any individual that is responsible for or participates in the coding or billing of health services including billers, coders, supervisors of health documentation or claims and billing as well as medical providers performing health services.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
About Our Speaker
Douglas B. Palmer, BS Health Administration, CCS-P has over 17 years of Practice Management, Revenue Cycle Management, HIM and Consulting experience. He has worked with medical practices of all sizes, been on the management team of some of the countries leading healthcare facilities, and consulted for more leading facilities as well as for leading insurance carriers. He is expert in all reimbursement methodologies, revenue...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.