The Top 10 Sentinel Events: How to Reduce and Prevent Fatal Errors
Over 98,000 patients are unintentionally harmed each year - are you doing all you can to prevent it?
The epidemic level of fatal outcomes is proof that our healthcare industry is in dire need of help. Loss of limb, infection, patient suicide, medication errors, wrong site surgery - unfortunately, they are not as rare as we'd like to think.
Patients shouldn't have to wonder whether their next visit might hurt, rather than help them.
Don't miss your chance to learn about the top 10 events reported to the Joint Commission, and what you can do to prevent them from negatively affecting your practice.
Don't your patients deserve the best?
Join renowned speaker Dianne Ditmer, PhD, RN, CFN, DABFN, FACFE, SANE and she guides you through the danger zone, into safer and more effective patient care.
In just 60 minutes, Dr. Dianne Ditmer will open your eyes to:
- How fatal or life-changing mistakes, known as sentinel events, have changed the landscape of healthcare since the onset of required reporting.
- The Joint Commission's top 10 sentinel events that should concern you the most.
- How the Patient's Bill of Rights drives your ethical and legal obligations to your patients.
- Communication strategies that result in improved clinical outcomes.
- Best practice risk management strategies to help you deliver quality care.
- PLUS: You'll hear true case studies that identify trends in medical errors, adverse outcomes and fatalities.
Have additional questions? You have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A.
Who should attend? Nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, assistive personnel, and clinicians in family practice, medical office settings, long term and acute care settings; educators; risk managers; compliance officers; clinical quality control personnel
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
Disclaimer: AudioEducator is in no way affiliated with The Joint Commission®, or The Joint Commission Enterprise®.
About Our Speaker
Dr. Dianne Ditmer is a clinical nurse educator and Certified Forensic Nurse with a background in risk management and emergency nursing. Her clinical training and certifications include forensic nursing and medical error investigation. As a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, Dr. Ditmer serves as chairman of the American Board of Forensic Nurses; member of the Ohio Healthcare Taskforce on Family Violence, and Montgomery County Sexual Assault Response Team.
As... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.