Survive the New RACket in Home Health and Hospice
Are you ready for home health RAC audits? Here's how you can prepare.
Did you know that the RAC contractors get to keep a percentage of every dollar they recover for Medicare? They get their paycheck ONLY if they find coding and billing mistakes that cost Medicare money? Don't fall victim to the RACs -- you can learn from other providers to prepare yourself for the arrival of Recovery Audit Contractors. Join health law and litigation expert Robert W. Markette, Jr. for this 1-hour audio event where you will not only learn the steps you need to take when the RAC requests documentation, but also steps to take before the RAC starts asking questions. Because RACs can use data mining techniques to review claims without having to ask for any documentation. The initial results of the pilot program showed these contractors were aggressive and were able to recover large amounts of money for CMS.
Here's what you will learn:
- What are Recovery Audit Contractors and how do they impact your CMS home health and hospice billing?
- CMS is thrilled by RAC results – find out why (and what it means for you).
- 1 basis for recovery that you can easily prevent.
- What is an automated review and how does it differ from a complex review?
- Key areas in home care you should routinely audit in anticipation of RACs
- How Recovery Audit Contractors’ practices may indicate areas of higher risk for audits.
- Know the steps that are involved in an appeal and why appealing may be a good idea.
Have additional questions? You have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A.
Who should attend? Billing staff, records staff, administration, supervisory staff, and compliance staff.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room.
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Robert W. Markette, Jr., CHC
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Charlene Ross, MSN, MBA, RN
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Dorothy D. Steed, CPC-H, CHCC, CPUM, CPUR, CPHM, CPMA, ACS
About Our Speaker
Robert W. Markette, Jr. CHC is an attorney in the law firm Hall Render and practices health law and litigation.
Markette has delivered programs on health care regulatory compliance, HIPAA and HIPAA compliance, and he is a well-known speaker throughout the United States.
Markette assists clients ranging from home health agencies to county health departments with Medicare certification, licensure matters, HIPAA privacy and security compliance, and recoupment... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.