Practice Management 101
Revenue is dropping and costs continue to rise. How can you possibly manage your practice efficiently?
If you're a practice administrator, your biggest challenge is probably decreased revenue and increased overhead. You also have to deal with motivating and compensating physicians, PQRI, and recruiting and maintaining staff.
You're not alone -- help is here. Join Samantha Fowler, CPC, CPC-I, MCS-P, ACS-AN, for this invaluable look at finding economical resources, motivating physicians, EMR transition, ePrescribing, and so much more.
This money-saving Practice Management event includes:
- Do you know how to analyze your practice's revenue potential? What about ensuring clean claims? Learn tips to increase your bottom line, without all the follow up
- Motivate your physician: How to make sure compensation is competitive and rewarding
- What's really going on with all the government involvement with EMR?
- Where to find all of the must-have information on ePrescribing and PQRI
- Is staffing shortage a problem in your specialty? You can recruit and maintain physicians
- Find out where to find additional resources to help tackle your toughest trials
- PLUS: Learn how to use the web for networking teams, template downloads, information and timelines.
Who should attend? Anyone responsible for practice administration or office management
Order Online or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Terry Fletcher, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CMC, CMSCS, CCS-P, CCS
- Debra Phairas, MBA
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Debra Phairas, MBA
- Charlene Ross, MSN, MBA, RN
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
About Our Speaker
Samantha Mullins, CPC, MCS-P, ACS-AN, is a goal and result oriented individual who has educated and trained extensively to remain in the “up and coming”. Samantha is equally energetic with intense focus on success and the ability to identify problem areas and develop efficient solutions in her current role as Medac’s Director of Practice Management and Managed Care for the Southern Region.
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.