Mastering Neuro 1 ICD-9-CM Codes
Bone Up On Coding Neurological Conditions Affecting The Brain And Spinal Cord.
Neuro I codes are one of the special case mix categories of ICD-9 codes that are subject to the special CMS rule to capture higher case mix points associated as a primary diagnosis, even when a V code displaces the actual Neuro I code in M1020. More than 30 Neuro I case mix codes generally require considerable resources to care for these patients. This program will look at how these codes may apply in the home health setting.
Please remember, incorrect or incomplete coding involving Neuro I conditions can result in a loss of $400 to nearly $800 per episode.
Join now for this enlightening session where expert speaker Judy Adams, RN, BSN, HCS-D, HCS-O, COS-C, will demonstrate how to gain important case mix points and correctly code Neuro I conditions, including acute infections of the brain and spinal cord, late effects of benign and malignant brain neoplasms and head injuries.
- Identify the case mix points associated with Neuro I codes.
- Describe the array of ICD-9-CM codes that are included within this case mix category.
- Identify the importance of identifying other diagnoses and OASIS items that can add bonus points to your coding.
- Discuss rules related to coding that can impact this category of codes.
- Apply coding guidelines to properly select, and sequence Neuro I codes in sample case scenarios.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Home health coders, QI personnel, patient care coordinators and others in the home health agency that are vested in ensuring the agency is coding properly and receiving all the case mix points they are entitled to receive.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Judy Adams is President and CEO of Adams Home Care Consulting, Inc. and provides clinical and operational consultation and education services to home care, home health and hospice organizations. She has 30 years of experience as a nurse executive and consultant. Her nursing experience includes educational, supervisory, administrative and staff positions in a variety of institutional and community health settings. Judy...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.