Introduction to ICD-10-CM For Home Health
Get Up-To-Speed On The ICD-10 Transition
Though it has been proposed to postpone ICD-10 until October 1. 2014, it is still coming! There are things that should be done now to help prepare for this transition.
There has already been a financial impact for home health agencies in preparing for the transition to the ICD-10-CM coding system and this will continue as the industry continues to move toward its implementation which will affect reimbursement. Maintaining steady progress with ongoing training is imperative as your Agency's revenue depends on it!
Join this 60 minute session and see what you will learn:
- History of ICD-10.
- Benefits of ICD-10 compared to ICD-9.
- Comparison of ICD-9 and ICD-10 code structures.
- Overview of manual structure.
- Some differences in guidelines and conventions.
- Format of ICD-10 codes.
- Diagnosis-specific examples.
- The impact of ICD-10.
- Training strategy.
- Documentation requirements.
- Tips on what agencies need to do to prepare.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Home health agency owners, administrators, directors, manager, educators, QI staff, coders, billers
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Elisa Bovee, MS, OTR/L
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Robert W. Markette, Jr., CHC
- Charlene Ross, MSN, MBA, RN
- Keri Hart, MS, CCC-SLP, CHHRP-QT, RAC-CT, VP
- Andrew B. Wachler,
About Our Speaker
Sharon Molinari, RN, HCS-D, HCS-O, a home health veteran and consultant, is an approved Board of Medical Specialty Coding and Compliance (BMSC) educator. She has earned the credentials of Home Care Coding Specialist – Diagnosis (HCS-D) and Home Care Clinical Specialist OASIS (HCS-O). Sharon is a member of the BMSC Home Care Advisory Board and author of the Study Guide for HCS-D Certification Examinations. She is a national presenter of...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.