Electronic Discovery Meets Healthcare Information - Don't Lose Thousands in Litigation
You face significant penalties if you don't produce the right information when lawyers come calling. Do you know what data you need to keep?
Your case may be lost before it's begun unless you know what information you hold, how to preserve it, and how to present it correctly if you're sued. The increasing use of electronic health record (EHR) systems, e-mail, instant messages and more makes preserving and producing information seem like a overwhelming request.
Get ahead of the game when you join regulatory expert Jim Sheldon-Dean as he prepares you to respond quickly, accurately, and thoroughly and ensure that any relevant information is stored and presented the right way.
Get prepared in the event of a lawsuit, and learn:
- What Electronic Discovery is, and how it relates to you and your office, including what information you may need to provide in a lawsuit.
- How preparing for Electronic Discovery is similar to AND different from what you should already be doing for HIPAA, EHR Meaningful Use, and other regulations.
- The appropriate way to handle information to avoid penalties and default judgments.
- What must-have policies you should have in place to protect yourself and your office.
- PLUS: Find out what you can do NOW to be prepared if your office is sued, to protect and preserve electronic information.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Information managers, risk managers, health information technology managers, compliance officers, legal counsel, office managers and operations directors.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
- Terry Fletcher, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CMC, CMSCS, CCS-P, CCS
- Debra Phairas, MBA
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Debra Phairas, MBA
- Charlene Ross, MSN, MBA, RN
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
About Our Speaker
Jim Sheldon-Dean is the founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, a Vermont-based consulting firm founded in 1982, providing information privacy and security regulatory compliance services to a variety of health care providers, businesses, universities, small and large hospitals, urban and rural mental health and social service agencies, health insurance plans, and health care business associates.
Sheldon-Dean serves on the HIMSS Information Systems Security... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.