Don't Even Consider Accepting Payment Cards without These Patient Privacy Guidelines
Patients want to pay with payment cards, but they also want their information protected. Find out how to do both, and avoid security breaches, fines and lawsuits.
Payment cards are a fact of life today, but if you accept them, you better be prepared to protect the card information according to the Payment Card Industry's (PCI) Data Security Standard. In other words, you've got new security threats to worry about.
Join privacy and security expert Jim Sheldon-Dean and learn not only what risks you face, but how to head them off with proactive compliance. In this 1-hour session, Jim will walk you through a security management process that will help you prevent privacy issues, and make recovery from incidents easier and less painful for all concerned.
HIPAA Security Regulations, PCI Data Security Standards, security breaches, significant fines, oh my…
Don't wait until you're facing a lawsuit. Prepare now and make sure your patients have the convenience AND privacy they deserve when using payment cards.
Learn what information you need to protect, and how to do it, including:
- Health and payment information security – learn what's required and how to attain compliance with multiple regulations
- HIPAA and PCI have many similarities, but some important differences as well. How to keep your information well-controlled to help with both
- How to determine when payment card information is -- and isn't -- needed, and how to keep it to a minimum to limit your exposure to the PCI requirements
- What if your information security is breached? Learn who needs to be notified and why
- A full rundown of the latest changes and updates to the PCI Data Security Standard and how they impact you
- How to create useful and effective security policies and how to document compliance with them.
- The first steps to take to attain compliance as privacy requirements become increasingly important.
Who should attend? Health information managers, information security officers, compliance officers, risk managers, chief financial officers, office managers, systems managers, legal counsel, and operations directors.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
About Our Speaker
Jim Sheldon-Dean is the founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, a Vermont-based consulting firm founded in 1982, providing information privacy and security regulatory compliance services to a variety of health care providers, businesses, universities, small and large hospitals, urban and rural mental health and social service agencies, health insurance plans, and health care business associates.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.