2013 Survey Sanctions - Is Your Agency at Risk
Make Sure You Adopt Survey Sanctions — Or You Could Face Hefty Fines.
On March 2, 2012, the Office of Inspector General (OIG) issued a stern warning to CMS. That letter indicated the OIG is fully aware that CMS has not followed through with instructions given in 1987 and 2008 regarding the requirement to “impose intermediate sanctions for noncompliance homecare agencies as directed by the OIG.” In the Final Rule, CMS finally received a mandate that includes all of the sanctions that you’ll learn about during this webinar.
This presentation will give you insight related to the risk involved when tackling surveys from this point forward. While some sanctions will not take place until 2014, each sanction in the final rule will be associated with surveys you will encounter today.
The challenge is how to protect your Agency from devastating sanctions. Onerous monetary and other sanctions could cripple or cause you to have to close your operations as a result of Survey findings. The financial incentives are many. Civil Money Penalties could reach up to $10,000 per day. You could also suffer suspension of all or part of Medicare payments, appointment of temporary management for cyclically deficient HHAs, and more.
You’ll find references related to the PPS Final Rule and Survey Issues, and walk away with tools that will assist agencies in getting prepared for the challenge of an upcoming survey.
This session will help you:
- Learn how to reduce your exposure to Condition Level Citations through proper documentation and patient/caregiver follow-up;
- Discover how to answer specific questions the Surveyor may ask your staff and your patients/caregivers;
- Find out how to prepare yourself for the “Informal Dispute Response” (IDR). Find out what it is, and how you will use it;
- Underline the 5 top citations issued in 2012 and how to assure you are in full compliance.
- Define “Immediate Jeopardy,” and uncover what happens if a Surveyor determines a patient is in “Immediate Jeopardy.”
- Outline the financial implications of a survey that “does not go well.” In other words, what is your financial risk and for how long does the risk continue?
Who should attend? Registered Nurses, Quality Assurance Staff, Supervisors, Owners and Operators
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Arlene Maxim, RN is the founder of A.D. Maxim & Associates LLC, A.D. Maxim Seminars LLC, and The National Coding Center LLC. Arlene has been in home care since 1979 and has been a home health care consultant since 1986. Drawing on her strong clinical background, she has served in various capacities from home care administrator to home care agency owner to home care consultant. She...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.