HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures: Determine what's right for your office
Stay clear of violations and penalties - Review and renew your information security program
The HIPAA Security Rule calls for all Covered Entities, Business Associates and their subcontractors, to be in compliance with provisions protecting all kinds of electronic protected health information, including the adoption of a complete set of information security policies and procedures.
HIPAA violations begin at $10,000 minimum and go up from there.
Entities that are partially in compliance and have not adopted the policies and procedures necessary for compliance will now have to pay new, increased penalties. Also with new auditing process being developed, HIPAA covered entities will be subject to reviews by the US Department of Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights even if no one files a complaint.
Are you compliant?
Join HIPAA expert Sheldon-Dean, Jim for this 60 minutes conference and learn the proper way to secure protected health information, the necessary policies and procedures, as well as the proper documentation for your policies and procedures.
Here's what you will learn:
- How the HIPAA Security regulations fit into various security regulations and standards
- The best process to manage your information security
- How risk analysis helps you prioritize your security efforts
- Safeguards musts for the HIPAA Security Rule
- Get the scoop on expanded enforcement and auditing efforts now getting started
- How to organize your security policies so they are easier to use
- Learn the topics that should be covered in a set of security policies
- Documentation and organization - keep it at your finger tips
- Proposed new regulations and how they relate to HIPAA Security compliance
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Compliance Manager, Privacy Officer, HIPAA Officer, Chief Information Officer, Health Information Manager, Medical Office Manager, Medical Practice Lawyer, CFO, CEO, COO, Risk Manager.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Jim Sheldon-Dean is the founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, a Vermont-based consulting firm founded in 1982, providing information privacy and security regulatory compliance services to a variety of health care providers, businesses, universities, small and large hospitals, urban and rural mental health and social service agencies, health insurance plans, and health care business associates.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.