Electronic Health Record Systems: Tips on planning, prepping and pushing through the process for a smooth transition
Every day physician offices are purchasing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) or Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems. For some offices they have never had an electronic system for others it may be a new one.
There are many steps in preparing for and implementing an EMR system and most offices do not have anyone with previous experience in the transition. Vendors offer training on how to use the system but many see a void in how to prepare and the best way to set up the system.
Join Jill Young for this 60-minute look at transitioning to your next EHR.
How your office prepares will determine how successful you are the day you "go live" with a new system and how many headaches and problems you will have in the subsequent days. Remember the saying "garbage in-garbage out"
Take a look at what’s covered:
- File Build – why is it, who should do it and how should you research before you get started
- Templates – how they can help ease the transition and how your vendor should assist you in this process
- Training – what to expect, who should manage it and what is needed for you to truly be prepared for the "go live" date
- Buy in – how to get all employees to be "invested" in the new system and the differences it can make
- Compliance – areas you can be sure your software is compliant and things your software shouldn't allow you to do
- "Go Live Date" – how to make sure this date doesn't "kill" you
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Physicians, coders & billers, office managers and administrators
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC is the principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. She brings with over 30 years of medical experience. This includes a diverse background in all areas of medicine from clinical to billing and she has worked with many physician specialties.
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.