Auditing Injections and Infusions
'Successful + Profitable' Coding and Billing for Injection and Infusions Starts Here!
Our expert Duane C. Abbey, will present a power packed audio conference designed for auditing, coding and clinic staffs that are involved in reviewing for the accuracy of documentation, coding and billing for injections and infusions. Clinical documentation and the associated charge capture along with possible coding through charge capture will be discussed as compliance issues. Duane will also throw light on the compliance issues relative to charging and billing including the ED and observation services.
Here are a few topics covered in the session:
- Review the CPT coding logic and directives for injections, infusion therapy and chemotherapy.
- Examine the documentation that is required to justify drug reporting as well as the administration of drugs, both clinically and for appropriate reimbursement.
- Identify essential policy as well as procedure elements in the use of the injection and infusion CPT codes.
- Discuss the difficulties for injections and infusions in observation.
- Appreciate various approaches for charge capture and related coding and billing through charge capture.
- Know the potential reimbursement for injections and infusion therapy under APCs.
- Appreciate the value of auditing activities for compliance and process change.
- Explore related issues such as 'integral-part' and 'not to be reported separately' compliance guidance from CPT and CMS.
- Address injection as well as infusion coding guidance as established in the NCCI coding policies.
- Infusion Therapy
- Ongoing Changes for Codes and Coding Directives
- Conducting Audits
- Qualified Health Care Professionals Concept
- Documentation of Drug Administration
- What Must Be Reported
- Drug Administration Documentation
- Drug Wastage and Disposal
- Special Requirements for Observation
- Charging/Coding/Billing Issues
- Capturing Charges
- Coding Through Charge Capture and the Chargemaster
- Alternative Approach for Charge Capture and Coding
- Reimbursement Potential
- Review of CPT Coding Logic
- CPT Coding Structure
- Logic Embedded in CPT Codes
- CPT Coding Guidance
- Hospital Coding - Hierarchy
- Physician Coding – Initial, Subsequent, Sequential
- Compliance Issues
- Start and Stop Time Reporting for Infusions
- Charging versus Reporting versus Bundling
- NCCI Edit Coding Guidelines
- Injections and Infusions in the ED
- Injections and Infusions In Observation
- Injections and Infusions in Surgery
- Case Studies and Exercises
- Sources for Further Information
Who should attend? Auditing Staff, Compliance Personnel, Nursing Staff, Clinical Service Area Staff, Coding Personnel, Billing and Claims Transaction Personnel, Chargemaster Coordinators, Financial Analysts, Compliance Personnel, Case Managers, Physicians and Other Interested Personnel
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- David Glaser,
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Jacqueline Nash Bloink, MBA, CHC, CPC-I, CPC, CMRS
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D. is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.