HIPAA and the Business Associate Rules
It’s best to know the rules and not associate with the riff-raff.
The new proposed HIPAA regulations put HIPAA business associates (BAs) and their subcontractors directly under the HIPAA rules and make them responsible for the privacy and security of the information they handle, as well as liable for violations under the rules.
Don’t let HIPAA be your compliance hazard.
Learn how business associates are now handled under the law; and the proposed regulations and what has changed from before. Join HIPAA expert Jim Sheldon-Dean for this close-up look at the HIPAA rules for business associates.
Take a look at what’s covered:
- The new HIPAA BA (Business Associates) rules change the game for HIPAA compliance and responsibility.
- HIPAA is expanding and more businesses than ever before are covered - Find out what they are
- Get the scoop on what goes into a compliant HIPAA Business Associate agreement?
- Find out what’s in the new regulatory language for HIPAA business associates – and what it means to you
- BAs, BAs and more BAs. Even if you’re not a BA, you need to know what goes into a BA making their contractors BAs.
- Don’t get stuck unaware - New responsibilities for business associates – New liabilities
- Develop a compliance plan and make sure you’re prepared for a HIPAA audit.
- Wrongful disclosures? Willful neglect?You don’t want to get hit with the new HIPAA penalty structure.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Add target audience information here (job titles, etc), as specified by speaker.
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Margie Scalley Vaught, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CCS-P, PCE, MCS-P, AC
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- David Glaser,
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
About Our Speaker
Jim Sheldon-Dean is the founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, a Vermont-based consulting firm founded in 1982, providing information privacy and security regulatory compliance services to a variety of health care providers, businesses, universities, small and large hospitals, urban and rural mental health and social service agencies, health insurance plans, and health care business associates.
Sheldon-Dean serves on the HIMSS Information Systems Security... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.