2012 OIG Work Plan for Non Physician Practitioners
Be Compliant With Heightened Scrutiny On Incident-To Billing By Non Physician Practitioners!
Audit your own incident- to billing, or else the feds will!
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) released its Work Plan for 2012 recently, with heightened scrutiny on incident-to billing by Non physician practitioners among its new and recurring goals.
Non physician practitioners are a valuable part of any physician practice, but unless you are following the rules you may be triggering audits. Many of the recent overpayments and audits involve allegations of improper billing for incident-to services and some carriers are auditing physicians who are reporting services for more than 24 hours of service in a calendar day to substantiate the hours billed and the number of patients seen. And incident-to is back on the 2012 OIG Work.
Join expert coder Elin Baklid Kunz in this 60 minutes conference and learn how to correctly report these services and bring home audit tools to assess your compliance.
Take a look at what’s covered:
- Background on Non Physician Practitioners
- 2012 OIG's Work Plan & Incident-to
- Documentation and Billing Requirements
- Medicare's Shared/Split Visits & "Incident-to" Regulations
- Supervision Requirements
- The Private Payer Difference
- Education tools to improve compliance
Handouts will be provided on:
- CMS Resources for Non Physician Practitioners
- Compliance Checklists for Incident-to & Shared Visits
- Sample Policies for supervision and incident-to
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Coding professionals, billing specialist, practice managers, HIM directors, compliance officers, case managers and, physicians
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS
- Jim Sheldon-Dean,
- Jim Sheldon-Dean,
- Kim Garner-Huey, MJ, CPC, CCS-P, PCS
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Thomas Force,
About Our Speaker
Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS, is Director of Physician Services for a large health system in Florida. Her twenty years of healthcare experience includes seven years in corporate finance and four years in compliance. Kunz is a national speaker and published author on topics related to medical practice compliance issues, coding and reimbursement, chart audits and federal regulations. She presents workshops for the American Academy of Professional...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.