New Requirements for Imported Food, including the Foreign Supplier Verification Program and the Voluntary Qualified Importer Program
Insights on Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) and Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP)
Global food supply chains increasingly provide the products on consumer’s plates. Food manufacturers and retailers source raw materials and finished products from around the world in order to meet consumer expectations. However, there may be risks associated with global sourcing based on the part of the world, the inherent risk of the food product, and the practices of the supplier.
In response to issues associated with imported foods, Congress, through the Food Safety Modernization Act, required the Food and Drug Administration to enact regulations specific to the control of imported foods. These include the Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) and Voluntary Qualified Importer Program. Importers will need to comply with the requirements of the FSVP, and may find benefit in opting to participate in VQIP once that program is established.
Join Jennifer McEntire in this 60 minute session, to get answers to these questions:
- How do I know if I’m an importer? Do these rules and programs apply to me?
- If I’m not an importer, does the FSVP give a glimpse into how FDA expects manufacturers control domestic suppliers?
- What is a “qualified individual” and what does this person need to do?
- What are the most effective ways to verify suppliers, and what will FDA require?
- What does the crystal ball tell us about the VQIP
- When will all of this become effective?
- Understand the terminology used by FDA including Qualified Individual
- Learn the differences between “option 1” and “option 2” of the proposed FSVP rule
- Know what areas might change between the proposed and final FDA rules, and how it can impact your business
Who should attend
- Food safety and quality managers and directors
- Food industry trade association representatives
- Regulatory affairs staff at food companies
- Food brokers and importers
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Ben Miller,
- Dr. NK Kim,
- Anne Sherod,
- Dr. John Ryan,
- Douglas C. Moyer, PhD, CPP
- Dr. NK Kim,
About Our Speaker
Dr. Jennifer McEntire is Vice President and Chief Science Officer at The Acheson Group, where she helps food industry clients understand their supply chain risks and prioritize mitigations in the context of the changing regulatory landscape and global food safety system. She joined the firm, then part of Leavitt Partners, in 2011 after spending eight years at the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), where she served as the...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.