Preventative Medicine and Annual Wellness Visits -Are You Coding Them Correctly?
Here’s How to Navigate Your Way through a Jungle of Requirements.
Do you know the latest recommendations and rules from Medicare about preventative health visits, well woman exams, and annual physicals? If you don’t, you could be setting yourself up for disaster. Check out these important background concepts, such as when to differentiate G codes from episodic visits and when/how to use both, and you’ll be submitting more profitable claims in no time!
Expert presenter, John F. Bishop, PA-C, MS, CWS, CPC, will walk you through the ins and outs of HPV, screening and counseling for interpersonal and domestic violence, as well as testing for blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol. Make your job easier by following these tried-and-tested strategies.
Plus, tools like CMS, Accountable Care Organizations and Medicare charts will be sent as attachments later.
This session will help you:
- Exercise caution around coding many cancer screenings, including mammograms and colonoscopies.
- Highlight how to code flu and pneumonia shots — before flu season hits.
- Iron out how you should report regular well-baby and well-child visits, from birth to age 21.
- Understand counseling on such areas for quitting cigarettes, losing weight, improving depression, and reducing alcohol use.
- Take routine vaccinations (such as measles, polio, or meningitis) and apply that ultra-specific code.
Who should attend?
General Practice, Family Practice, general Internal Medicine, Gyn offfices, Nurse Practitioner offices, Pediatrics, Health Clinics, University clinics
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Jacqueline Nash Bloink, MBA, CHC, CPC-I, CPC, CMRS
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Andrew B. Wachler,
- Dorothy D. Steed, CPC-H, CHCC, CPUM, CPUR, CPHM, CPMA, ACS
About Our Speaker
John F. Bishop, PA-C, MS, CWS, CPC, has 35 years experience as a surgical physician assistant, and more than 25 years experience in physician practice management, coding, billing and reimbursement. Bishop is a national leader in multispecialty coding and reimbursement, advanced E&M coding and paper negotiations.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.