Take These Steps for On-Target Immunization Coding
Vaccination, being one essential component of quality primary care has one of the highest rates of denials! Why?
Providing vaccinations is an essential component of quality primary care but the reimbursement and coding can be tricky.
Join our 60-minute audio presentation by expert speaker Jen Godreau, BA, CPC, CPMA, CPEDC, who will walk you through the typical situations of vaccine immunizations like “patients may miss scheduled vaccines and then the diagnoses change from the ICD-9 codes used in a PMS encounter”, and how to ensure proper CPT® and ICD-9 coding for the administration and product.
Jennifer will explain essential steps in coding for immunization with the help of flowcharts on which flu vaccine to pick, on which vaccine administration code to use etc.; and cheat sheet on components in major vaccinations.
The speaker will also address some key challenges that you might face in 2012 while coding for immunization including vaccine administration with counseling, revised CPT 2012 code, new CPT 2012 definition for other qualified healthcare professional limit who can use 90460 and 90461, revised 90460, 90461 guidelines etc.
Take a look at:
- Always list this admin last or lose money on every claim..
- Greenlight 99211 plus vaccine admin when you check off these items.
- Shots outside PMS? Shift your ICD-9 coding or patient could lose benefits.
- Healthy Kids: Get vaccine admin paid without vaccine double dipping.
- Units vs line itemizing. Examples to make both methods a piece of cake.
- 1 Easy way to avoid losing vaccine associated pay.
- State-supplied vaccines. Here’s how to get admin paid.
- The Count of staff members toward 90460 and 90461.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Family practice coders, pediatric coders, pediatricians, family physicians, primary care office managers; educators, auditors, and payers who need to understand vaccine coding.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Jacqueline Nash Bloink, MBA, CHC, CPC-I, CPC, CMRS
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Andrew B. Wachler,
- Dorothy D. Steed, CPC-H, CHCC, CPUM, CPUR, CPHM, CPMA, ACS
About Our Speaker
Jen Godreau, BA, CPC, CPMA, CPEDC, specializes in medical coding policy for pediatrics, family practice, internal medicine, ENT, and modifiers. In her most recent role as director of the Coding Institute’s SuperCoder.com, she puts coding resources, references, and education at coders’ and physicians’ fingertips.
Jen learned the ropes of coding from more than a decade of writing, editing, and managing Coding Alert publications. She also wrote the ICD-9 study... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.