Diabetes Care Services: Make The Most Out Of It
Know Diabetes Coding Basics Correctly! Else You Could Be Costing Your Organization Thousands In Reimbursement!!!
Diabetes is the most incorrectly coded diagnosis – most patients are coded as if they have no complications; therefore, the claims data does not accurately capture the intensity of the services provided. Many physicians are also not aware of the specific benefits offered by Medicare and other payers to treat diabetes.
Attend this 1-hour seminar presented by coding specialist Kim Garner-Huey, CPC, CCS-P, CHCC, and learn the ins and outs of coding and documentation for diabetes care services accurately, efficiently and confidently. You will also be provided with worksheet for correct coding and chart with specifics on diabetes complications.
Take a look at what's covered:
- The epidemic of diabetes – the disease and complications.
- Correct diagnosis coding.
- Coding office services for patients with diabetes.
- Specific benefits for Medicare patients with diabetes.
- How diabetes coding will change under ICD-10-CM.
Who should attend? Primary care (Internal Medicine, Family Practice) and Endocrinology – physicians, nurse practitioners, office managers, coders, billers
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Kim is an independent coding and reimbursement consultant, providing audit, training and oversight of coding and reimbursement functions for physicians.
Kim completed three years of pre-medical education at the University of Alabama before she decided that she preferred the business side of medicine. She completed a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management and went on to obtain certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.