Selecting Levels and Types of E/M Office Services
Spotlight is on E/M services — Can you withstand scrutiny?
Virtually every health care provider in the United States uses Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes from the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) manual. However, many providers and administrators do not use them properly or are confused about how to use them.
Problem: Because of their broad usage, E/M codes often have an enormous impact on the provider’s bottom line. In some cases, providers are underbilling their E/M services. That means they are leaving huge sums of money to which they are entitled on the table. In other cases, they are overbilling, which leaves them at substantial risk for audits, fines, and recoupments.
In this expert audio conference, you will receive a clear and straightforward explanation as to how you should determine E/M services and code levels. You should choose the correct code based on the documentation that exists in the medical record. In addition, you’ll receive a copy of a self-audit tool that will not only help you select the correct code initially but also will allow you to compare your past billing with the documentation for that encounter.
This session is a must for everyone who isn’t 100% confident in their ability to select E/M code types and levels.
This session will help you:
- Highlight the most important single component of E/M code selection.
- Follow clear guidance as to when consultation codes are and are not appropriate.
- Discover when a “new” patient is not a new patient.
- Outline the vital elements that should appear in the medical record documentation for E/M services.
- Avoid the most common causes of E/M overbilling and underbilling.
Who should attend? All specialties; billers, coders, administrators, managers, physicians, qualified healthcare providers (QHPs), compliance personnel, auditors
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Caral Edelberg, CPC, CPMA, CAC, CCS-P, CHC
- Thomas Force,
- Michael A. Ferragamo, Jr., MD, FACS
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS
About Our Speaker
Brad Hart, MBA, MS, CMPE, CPC, COBGC, is President of Reproductive Medicine Administrative Consulting, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in practice analysis, operational enhancement, and coding education. He has nearly 25 years experience in medical practice billing, coding, administration, and education. Starting his career as a coder in an academic health facility, he rose through the ranks to serve as director of that billing department. He subsequently served as the...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.