2014 CPT Coding Changes for E/M
2014 Additions to the Evaluation and Management Services CPT® codes
Every year, the AMA makes additions and changes to the Evaluation and Management services CPT® codes. 2014 is no different. In this technologically-advanced era, there are 4 additional codes being added for 2014 to address services by telephone and/or the Internet. There may be some RVU values too changed, based on the AMA RUC (Relative Unit Committee) review for this year. Lynn Anderanin will discuss the upcoming changes being made to the E/M services CPT® codes relative to 2014 CPT® and effective on January 1, 2014, in this 60-minute session.
The session will help you review the changes and additions from AMA to the Evaluation and Management services, and will provide you with the rationales for those changes, so that the attendees can understand how these changes affect their business. Lynn will also review any RVU (Relative Value Unit) changes to be able to apply the financial impact of these changes.
Here are a few highlights of the session:
- Review and rationales of 4 new CPT® codes in the E/M services section
- Any RVU changes to E/M services for 2014
- Current trends related to CMS and audits for E/M Services
- Tips to improve E/M documentation. What providers may be forgetting to document.
- How does your provider stack up? Review of statistics CMS publishes for E/M services.
Who should attend? Any provider utilizing E/M Services, Physicians, other qualified healthcare professionals, office staff, coders, billers, managers and administrators.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC is the Sr. Director of Coding Compliance and Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physician's billing service. She has 30 years experience in all areas of the physician practice specializing in Orthopedics. With the AAPC, Lynn is a national conference, workshop, and audio conference presenter and a former member of the National Advisory Board.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.