Audit Hot Spots For Emergency Medicine
Documentation And Correct Coding Are Key In Avoiding Costly Audits.
Use of electronic medical records may increase risk of inaccurate and/or incomplete statements; inadequate pre-billing audits may increase claim errors that are being identified on payer audits; increasing incentives for whistleblower claims increase vulnerability. That means, payer audits are increasing.
Our speaker, Caral Edelberg, CPC, CPMA, CAC, CCS-P, CHC, will walk you through common problems, solutions and ways to audit records and improve audit outcomes. You’ll understand how your internal audit processes can catch errors before claims go out. She’ll present examples of records from actual audits with explanation of how problems occurred and how they can be addressed on appeal. And remember, appeals and rebuttals must address coding issues AND medical necessity/patient risk factors equally.
Here's a glimpse at some of the issues Caral will address:
- Controversial elements of Emergency Medicine Coding
- Can you combine all elements of the history in the HPI? Some payers say “NO” – How do you document to assure you address all you do
- Review of Systems – all other systems reviewed and negative – Does this count? Some payers say “NO”
- Interpretations of Diagnostic Studies (EKG/Rhythm Strips/Xray) and their vulnerability when audited
- Split and Shared Services; What payers are looking for on audits
- New information on documentation requirements when using scribes
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? ED Physicians; ED Coders; ED Auditors; Compliance Directors, Revenue Managers; Billing Managers
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Caral Edelberg, CPC, CPMA, CAC, CCS-P, CHC, is President of Compliance Associates, Baton Rouge, LA; Past Member, AAPC National Advisory Board; past AAPC Chapter President, Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC); Certified medical auditor (CPMA); Certified Ambulance Coder and Certified Professional Coder (CPC, CCS-P); Faculty for American College of Emergency Physicians National Coding and Reimbursement Conferences; Past Instructor University of North Florida Coding Program; Author of Procedure Coding for...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.