ABC's of Coding for the Urgent Care Clinic
Urgent care centers: Here’s the latest on codes you can use.
Urgent care centers are really hybrid facilities. For example, they’re not hospitals, but they may employ emergency care providers. And factors like that can make coding and billing a bit tricky.
Put your urgent care coding and billing on the straight and narrow after you join expert speaker Kenny Engel, CPC, CHC, ASC-EM, CCP-P, for this 1-hour audioconference. You get the latest in CPT, ICD-9 and CMS rules that you can’t afford to overlook. Find out which CPT codes apply to place-of-service 20. Plus, make heads and tails of copays and deductibles.
Who should attend: Anyone responsible for coding, billing and collections, including physicians, education specialists, coders, office managers and billing coordinators.
Here's what you will learn:
- How to collect patient payments ... and if you can do it before patients leave your center.
- Emergency room codes require more than emergency care providers. Be sure you’re not making this typical error.
- CCI isn’t the soul edit source -- Steve will open your eyes to other bundles and when breaking them is -- and isn’t -- OK.
- Critical care + CPR: Discover what you need before you can report 99291.
- MAs providing ear care? Find out what to bill the insurer.
- Still have questions? Ask the speaker directly during the live Q&A session.
Your registration includes:
- Risk-free enrollment! Scheduling conflict? No problem! This session is also available on CD!
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complementary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use!
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room!
Order Below Or Call 800-508-2582 Today!
About Our Speaker
Kenneth Engel, CPC, CHC, ACS-EM, CCP is Vice President, Corporate Compliance Officer, and a founding associate of Martin Gottlieb and Associates, a company which provides coding and billing services for emergency physicians who cover 48 emergency departments from six states. The company also services hospitalists and urgent care providers.
As a software engineer, he worked to develop the company’s medical coding and billing software. With 15 years of... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.