Understand the Global Surgical Package
To Bill Or Not: What's In The Global Surgical Package
E/M services during global surgery periods have been targeted for review by both the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs).
Join Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CPC, CCS in this 60 minutes event where she will provide you insights of the global surgical package. You will also learn how to use modifiers to correctly bill for services during the global period.
In this content-rich event, our expert speaker will review the components of the global surgical package and payment rules for minor surgeries, endoscopies and global surgical packages that are split between two or more physicians. Get the understanding of differences between Medicare and CPT.
You’ll walk away with a good understanding of:
- Definition of Medicare’s global surgical package and how to determine the global period.
- Components of the global surgical package.
- How to code any related or unrelated service during the global period.
- Identifying the commonly used modifiers.
- Reporting services that are split between two or more physicians.
- Assessing your risk for RAC audits and review common examples and grey areas.
Who should attend? Coding professionals, billing specialist, practice managers, HIM directors, compliance officers, case managers and, physicians
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS, is Director of Physician Services for a large health system in Daytona Beach, Florida. Her nineteen years of healthcare experience includes seven years in finance and four years in compliance. Kunz is a national speaker and published author on topics related to medical practice compliance issues, coding and reimbursement, chart audits and federal regulations. She presents workshops for the American Academy of...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.