Understand the Global Surgical Package
To Bill Or Not: What's In The Global Surgical Package
E/M services during global surgery periods have been targeted for review by both the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs).
Join Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CPC, CCS in this 60 minutes event where she will provide you insights of the global surgical package. You will also learn how to use modifiers to correctly bill for services during the global period.
In this content-rich event, our expert speaker will review the components of the global surgical package and payment rules for minor surgeries, endoscopies and global surgical packages that are split between two or more physicians. Get the understanding of differences between Medicare and CPT.
You’ll walk away with a good understanding of:
- Definition of Medicare’s global surgical package and how to determine the global period.
- Components of the global surgical package.
- How to code any related or unrelated service during the global period.
- Identifying the commonly used modifiers.
- Reporting services that are split between two or more physicians.
- Assessing your risk for RAC audits and review common examples and grey areas.
Who should attend? Coding professionals, billing specialist, practice managers, HIM directors, compliance officers, case managers and, physicians
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Dorothy D. Steed, CPC-H, CHCC, CPUM, CPUR, CPHM, CPMA, ACS
- Kathleen G. Bailey, CPA, MBA, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CCS-P
- Jeffrey Restuccio, CPC, CPC-H, MBA
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Andrew B. Wachler,
- Maryann C. Palmeter, CPC, CENTC
About Our Speaker
Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS, is Director of Physician Services for a large health system in Florida. Her twenty years of healthcare experience includes seven years in corporate finance and four years in compliance. Kunz is a national speaker and published author on topics related to medical practice compliance issues, coding and reimbursement, chart audits and federal regulations. She presents workshops for the American Academy of Professional...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.