Challenges of Modifier Usage in Cardiology Coding
Insights on Modifier 24, 25, 26, 51, 59, and more!
There are many challenges that come up with coding Cardiology services on the professional and technical side.
Join Terry Fletcher, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CMC, CMSCS, CCS-P, CCS in this informative session to get an overview of the appropriate use of the modifier 24, 25, 26, 51, 59 to name a few. She will also discuss the financial impact that HCPCS modifiers have on Cardiology procedures and when to consider Medicare vs. Private payers in code selection.
In this 60 minute session, you will get:
- Educational Handouts
- Medicare transmittal links
- Real life examples on modifier coding
- CPT references to assist with exact use
Topics covered in the session:
- Modifier 26 for hospital diagnostics
- Modifier 59 rules with Cath and PCI
- Modifier 25 rules and is this an OIG watch list concern?
- Modifier 76- when is this necessary?
- HCPCS Modifiers like GW and GV. Can this impact our Hospice patients?
- Vessel Modifiers LD, LC, RC and LM; how do they help?
Who should attend: Coders, Billers, Administrators, data entry personnel, physicians
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Terry Fletcher, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CMC, CMSCS, CCS-P, CCS
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Jacqueline Nash Bloink, MBA, CHC, CPC-I, CPC, CMRS
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Andrew B. Wachler,
About Our Speaker
Ms. Terry Fletcher Specialty Coding Industry Expert and Healthcare Consultant with over 25 years experience. She was past Chair of the AAPCCA. Terry is also a past member of the National Advisory Board AAPC. Ms. Fletcher is the Technical Editor for the Cardiology Coder's Pink sheet for Decision Health, Editorial Advisor for Cardiology Coding Alert! for The Coding Institute and an Educator for McVey Seminars, PMI, MGMA, Audio...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.